Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Tribute to "W"

   George W. Bush is perhaps one of the most maligned presidents in American history.  He is blamed for essentially every problem the liberal media can possibly link him to.  Why are the gas prices so high?  It's Bush's fault.  Why is the economy in the tank?  Bush's fault.  Why are we fighting in the middle east?  Once again, Bush's fault.  By the way the media and the democrats speak of him, one would think that Bush gave an order to raise gas prices, single-handedly brought Wall Street to its knees, and personally invited Al-Qaeda to ram the Trade Towers so that he had an excuse to start a war.  He is portrayed as war-mongering, racist, egotistical, and most of the time just plain stupid.
   What did "W" ever do to deserve this image?  Admittedly, I didn't agree with all his decisions (i.e.  No Child Left Behind, TARP, GM bailout).  He definitely wasn't completely conservative in his ideas about government and the economy.  But George Bush genuinely cared about our nation.  He was obviously extremely patriotic and proud of his country, which is more than I can say about many politicians today.  He did his best to make sure that America remained the greatest country in the world.   After that fateful day when America was attacked by terrorists, Bush did his best to make sure that it would never happen again.
    I honestly have no problem when people say they disagree with Bush's political, economic, or national defense ideas, but one of my pet peeves (as many of my friends have discovered) is when people attack his personal character, accuse him of being a racist, call him an idiot, and the like.  In my opinion this is quite uncalled for.  Last year I read Bush's memoirs, Decision Points, cover to cover.  He struck me as down-to-earth, genuine, sincere, honest, and as a loving husband and father.  Oh, and he's a big fan of baseball :)  His struggle with, and ultimately triumph over, alcoholism is truly inspiring.  Many of the liberal Bush-bashers would do well to read his book. Maybe they would understand more about the man that they so love to disparage.  
    George W. Bush is one of my heroes.  As I  aspiring politician, I look up to him as an example and role model.  I admire him greatly and am grateful for everything he did for our country.  I only wish I could tell meet him in person and tell him myself.  Well, maybe one day...

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a Bush hater, but don't we elect the Presidents in order to make wise decisions? And while I will completely agree with you that he seems to be a very nice guy, so was Ford and Jimmy Carter, but he has caused some deal of lasting damage by the interventions in Iraq...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bush went into Iraq and Afghanistan because he believed that that was the best way of defending our country

    ReplyDelete