Monday, September 3, 2012

September

Memorial Stadium, Lincoln, Nebraska
    What an exciting time of year!!!  College football is underway (yes, my beloved Huskers won 49-20.  The BC Ravens are off to another great start, winning 59-6 on Saturday).  The NFL season is just around the corner...six days to be exact.  There is nothing more anticipated than the start of football season.  These past six months without football have been just plain too long....as always.  And now baseball season is beginning its march toward the playoffs.  My intramural flag football team plays our first game tomorrow.  And to top it all off, the presidential election is looming in the not-so-far future.  Very few things excite me as much as sports and politics.  I enjoy the suspense of election years immensely.  Yes, I love September.  It is quite possibly my favorite month of the year.  The combination of awesome weather (usually) and the coinciding football and baseball seasons is hard to beat.  Admittedly, it is quite uncomfortably hot right now.  But hopefully in a few weeks we will start experiencing some splendid fall weather.
    The only not-so-great part of September is the start of classes.  It does help, however, that all of my classes (except for Macroeconomics) are really interesting. For the record, the new history professor is an incredible teacher.  And it has been so good to reacquaint myself with all my friends after three months of not seeing them.
    Yes indeed....September is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment